Progress abroad, peace within our hearts.

 By Chaitra H V

On a quiet August afternoon, myself sat with a pen in hand, looking at a lined page dated August 21, 2026. Inspired by the festival of Varamahalakshmi—the goddess known for bestowing blessings—I felt moved to write a poem that captures both national pride and a deep, reflective concern for society.

In my handwritten Kannada verse, I reflect on how much India has achieved. I write with awe about the country's progress in science and technology, its formidable defense strength, achievements in sports, and reach into outer space. I note how tall skyscrapers touch the sky while ancient traditions like yoga and timeless philosophy spread across the globe. By all visible measures, the nation is thriving.

Yet, as my pen moves to the second half of the page, my tone shifts to an intimate, heartfelt concern. I write that despite all this outer success, something inside feels restless. Observing everyday life around me, I worry about a growing lack of patience and tolerance, a decline in mutual affection and respect, and the fading of traditional cultural values. I see selfishness, arrogance, and a consumer-driven mindset taking over the quiet dignity of community life.

Rather than offering a bitter critique, I turn my poem into a gentle prayer to the Divine Mother. I ask for the wisdom to rein in these harmful traits and fill the void in people's hearts with selflessness, service, and sacrifice. For me, true progress isn't measured solely by technology or tall buildings, but by the goodness and moral strength inside the human spirit. I sign off with a simple, hopeful note: "Jai Bharata" (Victory to India).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Significance Of The Rituals (Monthly And Annual)

The AI Dreamland

Senior Experts